Master's in Computer Science
The Master's in Computer Science program lets you deepen your knowledge in a specific sub-area of computer science or operations research.
In addition to course work, the program includes an introduction to applied research and exposure to the latest technologies.
Two study options are currently offered:
- A thesis option, undertaken primarily in a university setting.
- A supervised internship option, undertaken primarily in a company setting with a mandatory final report.
CRÉPUQ applications: courses outside universities will be REFUSED if the following procedure is not respected.
We must have the following information on your CRÉPUQ request (comments section)
1) the number of courses taken and completed at University of Montreal
2) the number of the courses taken and completed via CRÉPUQ
3) Ph.D. students must have the approval of the research director and mention it who is the research director.
Questions about this program?
Langlais, Philippe, full professor: 514 343-6111 #47494
Please send your documents to our graduate programs TGDE
The advantages of studying computer science at the UdeM!
- The chance to work with world-renowned Professors in a wide range of exciting research laboratories and groups, including cutting-edge work in video games and computer graphics, artificial intelligence, computation linguistics and quantum computing, just to name a few.
- The master’s degree offers an international option where you study abroad in France for 6 months at the Université Pierre et Marie Curie.
- The program trains graduates to meet the growing demand of about 7,000 jobs in Quebec alone, in some of the most engaging, exciting, and best-paid jobs in the technology sector.
- The Université de Montréal ranks 42nd in the world in operations research according to the QS Rankings and 97st in the world in computer science according to the NTU Rankings.