PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING TO MILA
- The following programs are Mila programs:
- Research degrees in the MSc program 217510 involving segments other than segment 77, such as segment 72 (Artificial Intelligence), if the research is carried out at MILA.
- Research degrees in the PhD program 317510 if the research is carried out at Mila
- Degrees from the Machine Learning Professional Masters with stage (217510, segment 77).
- The DESS in Machine Learning (217512).
To be admitted to any Mila program you must be selected both by Mila and by the Department of Computer Science and Operational Research (DIRO).
- Admission to all Mila programs involves a two-step procedure.
- The first step in the Mila-Admission process is to fill in the GOOGLE FORM found on the Mila web-site.
- The portal to fill in the GOOGLE FORM is open ONLY from October 15th to December 15th each year.
- Link to the GOOGLE FORM: mila.quebec/admission/
- The second step in the MILA-admission process is to apply to the University of Montreal (DIRO) as a student in the desired program. Thus, all students, including those applying for Mila programs, must complete an admission form online on the University of Montreal website: https://admission.umontreal.ca/admission/depot-de-la-demande/demande-dadmission/ before the February 1st deadline.
- If you are a student interested in non-Mila programs, it is sufficient to look at the sites just mentioned. Some of the information given on the first of these two sites is repeated here, however, for the benefit of students carrying out the second step of their application to Mila MSc programs.
- Hold a B.Sc. degree in computer science or another relevant degree, all degrees having been successful with an average of at least 3,0/4,3 or equivalent, or certified training deemed equivalent.
- Have successfully completed a minimum of 40 credits of university courses, or the equivalent, in computer science and mathematics, including the following courses (or their equivalents):
- MAT1400 Calcul 1
- MAT1600 Algèbre linéaire 1
- MAT1978 Probabilités et statistique
- IFT2015 Structures de données
- IFT2125 Introduction à l’algorithmique
- Have sufficient knowledge of the French language, attested as required and on request, by passing the TFI test (International French Test) with a mark of at least 605/990. This attestation, however, will not always be required.
To qualify for the DIRO as a student in the MSc program in Computer Science, the candidate must meet the following conditions:
Otherwise the department may impose additional courses.
It is also assumed that the student has some proficiency in programming (the equivalent of the content of the course IFT1015). This may be crucial for success in some courses, such as IFT2015.
- Additional information concerning admission is given here: https://admission.umontreal.ca/admission/depot-de-la-demande/faire-parvenir-les-documents/ DIRO's Graduate Studies Committee must have obtained all the required documents, and your application for admission, before examining the application. You must provide the originals of the following documents: transcripts of all your studies, diplomas and your birth certificate.
- You will receive an email from the University of Montreal with the Notice of Decision. This Notice is your official letter giving you the decision concerning your admission to the program. This Notice allows foreign students to request their CAQ and Study Permit from the Immigration Department.
- You will have 30 working days to accept an admission offer in your Student Center - Synchro.
- If you are accepted into the program and you decide not to enroll in the program at the University of Montreal, you must notify the TGDE of the program of your withdrawal by e-mail (email@example.com).
- If you have to delay your admission to the program in the chosen semester, you must postpone the admission by following the procedure at https://diro.umontreal.ca/english/programs/graduate-programs/masters-in-computer-science/admission/
- Payment terms are mentioned on our website at the following link: https://admission.umontreal.ca/admission/cycles-superieurs/frais-dadmission/
- Please note that documents must be sent to University of Montreal by uploading them to your Student Center – Synchro within 10 business days after submitting your online application. Address: https://admission.umontreal.ca/index.php?id=1277