Master's in Bioinformatics
The Master's in Bioinformatics program will allow you to shape the future of this exciting multi-disciplinary field that combines computer science and biology.
Two study options are currently offered:
- With the research option, you will learn how to carry out independent research and write a thesis.
- With the internship option, you will have a chance to familiarize yourself with the demands of industry and report your findings in a final project report.
This program is also intended to train experts capable of integrating knowledge from biology and computer science to meet needs in a number of important up-and-coming technological sectors involving:
Questions about this program?
Julie Hussin, Assistant professor: 514 376-3330 #2028
Elaine Meunier, TCTB 514 343-6111 #5192
All about this program
Find a thesis supervisor
Job outlook for graduates in this discipline
The advantages of studying bioinformatics at the Université de Montréal!
- Students are exposed to state-of-the-art equipment: automated sequencers, PCRs, spectrophotometers, ultracentrifuges, protein and DNA electrophoresis systems, etc.
- The combined know-how of our bioinformatics experts is aligned to meet the growing demand for highly trained graduates with a background in biology and computer science.
- The Université de Montréal ranks 29th in the world in operations research according to the QS Rankings and 97st in the world in computer science according to the NTU Rankings.